Thursday, February 23, 2017

WORN: Vintage Levi's & Velvet

 photo IMG_9189_zpsntg712vv.jpg
 photo IMG_9188_zpsyltai5ni.jpg
 photo IMG_9193_zpshhf1r4iy.jpg
 photo IMG_9191_zpsx4rfjyqs.jpg
 photo IMG_9186_zpsm3bde92r.jpg
 photo IMG_9190_zpstrkuw9mu.jpg
 photo IMG_9185_zps3mymethb.jpg

I've been hanging on to this velvet tank for years. At least 10, possibly 15. I think I may even have acquired it in high school. If memory serves, it's a hand-me-down from a family friend, and until recently I just didn't know how to wear it. It's a funny length, not long enough to be tucked in or to drape casually over skinny jeans, but too long to be a crop top. Deep down, I knew I'd figure it out someday and it was just too nice and too basic to ever get rid of. I know, I'm ridiculous. it's a goddamn black tank top - what's the problem? But I'd wager everyone has their own version of this -- something nice, but slightly awkward -- hiding in their closet. Well, enter vintage Levi's. You guys, I figured it out. I figured out how to wear a shirt. Groundbreaking. But I really love how nicely it layered beneath this vintage embroidered jacket, and it was blissfully warm enough this past weekend to even go out without a heavy coat.

We're getting a little taste of spring this week, and I'm not mad about it. Global warming, yes, but what a difference a little vitamin D makes. They're calling for temps nearing 70 today -- perhaps a little too warm, but I'll take it, if only for a day or two. C'mon spring!

Worn:
Vintage Levi's -- same or similar vintage-inspired options here
Vintage bed jacket -- similar
Vintage velvet tank -- similar 
Madewell boots -- similar options here
Vintage jewelry
Free People Sunglasses