Thursday, March 2, 2017

WORN: Red Lips & A Leather Jacket

 photo IMG_9171_zpskj4wvcvu.jpg
 photo IMG_9170_zps2mjg62na.jpg
 photo IMG_9165_zpsqzwk5iga.jpg
 photo IMG_9169_zpsafoxwotr.jpg
 photo IMG_9167_zpsm2oxrpov.jpg
 photo IMG_9168_zpsfyqzkfaj.jpg

I recently caught myself scrolling through old blog photos, feeling a little... wistful? I'm not sure that's the right word for it, but as I looked through past outfits from four or five years ago, I was reminded of a time when I spent more than a few minutes on my outfits, when heels and platforms dominated my closet, and when jewelry meant piling on the necklaces. It's easy to look at a photo and take it at face value, harder to really analyze and remember how you might have been feeling at the time -- and how far you've come. I'm in a season of my life when getting dressed usually means sneakers, and often means yoga pants if I'm working from home. "Dressing up" usually takes place on the weekends, when Chris and I might be walking around the city, so -- at least in this cold weather -- life dictates sneakers, flat boots, and jeans. And I'm perfectly OK with that. Though I'm COUNTING DOWN the days until I can wear (flat) sandals and a (unrestricting) dress again.

*Through 11:59pm PT on March 4th, save up to 25% of sale and full-price items on Shopbop! I'd definitely scoop up some cute beach accessories!

Worn:
Schott leather jacket (same, similar)
Thrifted vintage tee (similar)
Levi's jeans (on sale right now!)
Loeffler Randall boots (similar options here on sale)
Free People sunglasses